October 6, 2013

Blair's Marathon.

Yesterday Blair ran the St. George Marathon!
He seriously did amazing.
The night before the race he headed up to Pine Valley to stay at a cabin right near the starting line so they could get a little extra sleep. I stayed here at home and was a nervous wreck all night! You would have thought I was the one running in the morning.
The race started at 6:45. I received a text alert that Blair crossed the start line at 6:56 am. 
Bre, Brady, and I headed up Snow Canyon to see Blair at mile 16. I didn't know what to expect... I didn't know if he would be super tired, hurting, or feeling great. When we saw him I was SO relieved. He looked AMAZING and was seriously smiling ear to ear. 
He even said to me, "I feel great! I feel like Forest Gump!" Haha! 
He said that the 16 miles he had just run had been awesome! He had maintained his pace and was on track to finish at a great time! I was thrilled. It was just a quick hello before he was back to running again.
We came down Snow Canyon and headed to the finish line. 
The energy at the finish line is so much fun, there are people everywhere cheering on all of the runners. I found a spot right on the rail to cheer him into the finish line.
I was SO nervous. Everyone says that most runners "hit a wall" at about mile 20, and I was just praying that he was doing okay.
Sure enough, just a few minutes later he came cruising down the road toward the finish with a smile on his face! We yelled and cheered and he crossed the finish line!

He was so strong. 
He finished in 3:55. 
Amazing!!!

After talking to him about the race, he said ran the exact race that had planned/hoped to run. He stayed right on his pace, never cramped up, no blisters, perfect weather, etc. 
I am so proud of my marathoner.
Seriously, what an accomplishment! 





1 comment:

  1. You guys are running machines!!! Every post seems to be about you two studs racing up a storm! Way to go Blair...I have zero desire to ever do a marathon, It seems torturous. So sad you guys couldn't go to MX with us you could have had a beach post mixed in with all these calories burned.

    ReplyDelete