August 5, 2014

Baby Boy's new {old} dresser!

While my mom has been in town this week, I knew she would love to be my partner in crime getting things done around our new house. Along either decorating, organizing, etc. she also helped me get the baby's dresser ready! Blair and I bought this old dresser back when we were first married from DI. I think it cost a whopping $20. It was a pale yellow with wobbley wooden knobs, and 2 broken drawers. 
Well, after a trip to Ikea (for knobs), and Home Depot (for paint), we were in business! I don't know why I expected it to be hard, but it was seriously so easy. I give the roller paint brush all the credit.. Talk about quick and efficient. We removed the two broken drawers, and used the bottom of those drawers to create a shelf for some cute baskets. 
It turned out much better than I expected! It looks perfect in his room. 
Thanks mom for all the help! I truly didn't have to courage to start this project without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment