January 22, 2011

the first six months.

Today is our six month anniversary!

I can't believe how time flies.
It feels like just yesterday that we were headed to the Salt Lake Temple to be married.

I thought it would be fun to give a run down of a few random things about our first six months.

-I sleep on the right side of the bed, Blair sleeps on the left.
-Blair watches 24 hours of sports a day.
-We have picked up watching the shows: Hawaii 5-0, and more recently Off the Map.
-We became an aunt and uncle (for the first time)
-We love temple/dinner dates with great friends.
-I wear one ear plug every night to drown out the faint sound of traffic outside our window... and the occasional snore from Blair.
-We have become big fans of quick and cheap get aways, whether it be to the Wilstead's cabin in Antimony, Glenwild with friends, or of course trips to K-Town and St. Geezy!
-We've officially celebrated four major holidays as a married couple: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
-We went on a camping trip with our friends (this is a big deal, as it was only my second time camping EVER)
-We've both become active on Twitter
-Blair accepts and actually supports my diet coke addiction. I accept and actually support his addictions to Mac and Cheese, Pot Pies, and Totinos Pizzas.
-Blair has gotten very used to girl talk, and girl TV shows. What can he expect-- we only live 6 doors away from my bestie Mrs. Skousen!
-I've mastered a few easy meals to feed my always hungry husband.
-Blair is very considerate and always puts the toilet seat down.
-We've become dedicated WalMart grocery shoppers. Their always low prices never cease to amaze us. If they could get rid of the long lines, we'd love it even more.
-We celebrated our 21st and 25th birthdays.
-We've learned what a great blessing it is to have wonderful neighbors. We are so lucky to have a safe and peaceful area surrounded by the Meises, Skousens, Barkers, and the Tiptons.
-If ever grumpy, we've both learned to offer food or a nap to the other person. It's usually one of those things that sets us off. In my case, it's usually due to lack of food consumption.
-We've both become addicted to "words with friends" on our phones.
-One of our favorite things to do is make a big comfortable bed/fort in our family room and watch a good movie.
-Blair is a sweetheart and cuddles with me every night until we fall asleep, even if its just our feet touching.

Our love is truly growing with every passing day. We are so glad we made the decision to be married six months ago! It has been the happiest months of our lives.

Here's to many more six month anniversaries!
I love you Blair Robert Frei!

5 comments:

  1. Oops.. It's actually Taisha signed in on JJ's I guess but I'm sure he'd say the same! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you have such fun information documented! It seems like you two have such a wonderful marriage... thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is such a cute post! love you guys:) Now take a vacation to AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute Nicole! I just barely caught up on all my blog reading so I'm a little late. I am so grateful for girl talk and girl TV shows.. and obviously living so close! You guys are so great together. We love you!

    --Shelby

    ReplyDelete