May 8, 2011

St. Geezy!

Most of you probably already know,
but we moved to St. George after graduation.
My parents were so sweet and threw us a little graduation party!
It was great to spend time with our family before we left town.
my beautiful mom and sisters!


Being away from my family has been a little hard at times,
but it is nice knowing we will be seeing them soon!

Anyways,
Moving was quite the process...
It was a lot harder to pack up than we expected...
I thought it would only take us a few hours here and there,
and I was so wrong!
Our house was a serious disaster for a few days.
Boxes were everywhere.
We were selling furnature left and right.
And we were even sleeping on floor on our mattress!
We had so much help packing and moving!
We are extremely grateful for everyone who helped us move out...
especially:
-Kent and Robbin
-My amazing mom
-Ryan Skousen
-and Lando.
We couldn't have done it without you guys!
The drive down to St. George was interesting...
I have never made the drive alone, but luckily I was following behind Blair.

We took it nice and slow so that we would make it safe hauling our big trailor.
When we arrived in St. George we had a whole crew waiting to help us unload!
We had:
-Skyler and Bailey
-Blake
-Robbin
-Eric
I don't know what we would have done without all of the help!
We pounded it out and were all settled by about 2 in the morning.
And by settled, I literally mean setteled.
Pictures hung.
Furniture in place.
Laundry started.
Food in the fridge (thanks to sweet Robbin)
Etc.
It was already starting to feel like home!
Here are some pictures of our apartment...
BEFORE:
AFTER:

And that's the final product!
We really love it here and it already feels like home.
We even have an extra bedroom...
so if anyone ever needs a place to stay in St. George let us know!
:)

Everything is going great!
We have both started work and we enjoy our jobs.
We have spent lots of time with our friends and family.
This is our new back yard...
 Can you say heaven?
The weather here has totally won me over...
There is just something about the sunshine that makes me so happy!
I love it.
Blair has a new best friend--
Meet Wilson.
He is three years old.
He lives next door.
We hang out with him just about everyday.
I know it's him just by the way he knocks on our door!
We just love him.

Blair has been loving spending time with his brothers.
They are all so funny together.

We have also been spending a lot of time with this little stud..

We just love him!
We are seriously obsessed!

This weekend was a blast...
Tanner and Joey were in town for the Ironman so we were able to spend lots of time with them!
We went out to dinner on Thrusday,
and then on Saturday we watched Tanner do the race.
It was seriously nuts!
Watching all of those athletes was so inspiring.
For a minute I was considering doing it next year,
but then I realized I would absolutely die.
haha!
Tanner was amazing.
He was so happy the entire time!
We watched him switch from the bike to the run,
and then again at the finish line.
The energy at the finish line was crazy.
It was just so exciting!
We loved every minute of it.
cute Tanner and Joey
I am already excited to watch again next year.
Tanner is offically an Ironman!
We are so pumped for him!

Anyways,
life is wonderful!
We are really happy here.
We can't wait for all of the adventures to come!

3 comments:

  1. Nicole, so happy for you two! I had no idea you were moving to St. George. Where do you two work now? Are you planning on staying there permanently? Miss you. You look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! This will be such a fun new chapter in your lives! Besides.. I would love to live in st. george! I could lay in the sun all day! :) haha but Congraulations on graduating!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, your new place looks adorable! I would love to be in warmer weather all year long :) Congratulations on Graduating, I am a very proud cousin! You two are so cute together I am SO happy for you Colie! Love you!

    ReplyDelete