This year we celebrated the 4th of July in St. George!
I was a little bummed, because apparently down here they don't do the whole-- "everyone in the community come out to a big parade on main street" thing that I am used to going to in Kaysville.
So, even though I was sad about that, it turned out to be a great holiday!
We filled our day with other fun activities with our friends and family.
The day started out bright and early when we met up with Skyler and Bailey for a quick hike.
Blair calls this hike "Fat Man's Misery."
I have also heard it called, "Butt crack canyon."
Take your pick! haha.
I don't know the real name. but both of those seem very fitting.
You have to slide between these two huge red rock walls for about 100 feet.
Sadly Blair and Skyler were too big to fit through, but that didn't stop Baye and me from going through the whole thing!
It was really cool!
We felt bad that the boys couldn't squeeze through the hike, so we found them a canyon that they could actually fit through. haha!
Then we went and did a little skim boarding...
After the hike, we went and had lunch at a fairly new hot spot in Santa Clara, "Fargo's".
There is nothing like a good grilled cheese and corn dog on the 4th of July. ha!
After lunch we went and played some tennis with Blake and the Hursts..
then we headed back to the Frei's for a little late afternoon BBQ/swim party.
We ate delicious food, played fun pool games, etc.
After about 5 hours of swimming,
we all went and got ready for the fireworks.
One thing I really like about 4th of July in St. George is how they do their fireworks.
Everyone drives up the hill by the old airport and parks their trucks along the cliff with the truck beds looking down into the town.
Then at about 9:00 pm, everyone heads up there and piles in their truck beds to watch the fireworks going off all over the valley.
I loved it!
It was such a great 4th of July.
I am so grateful for our amazing country!
I can't beleive that Blair and I have celebrated four 4th of July's together.
Time is truly flying by!


























HAHA Ammon and I tried to do that hike and I almost passed out I got so claustrophobic!! hee hee is it totally sad that Ammon and I have only been together for 3 fouth of July's - and we've got a whole year of marriage on you two ;) you'll just have to make up for it by getting pregnant right now so we can be baby buddies!! :D
ReplyDeleteso cute! I love your 4th of July outfit... adorable! I am missing St. George and mostly YOU AND BLAIR! Love you!
ReplyDelete--Shelb
Whoa... Whoa... let me correct this blog post. Skyler and I CHOSE not to go through the "fat mans misery" canyon because we wanted to be at the end to help our wives out of the last part that required someone to lift them up. It was not because we were too fat. We are just trying to be good husbands.
ReplyDelete