February 16, 2012

Kaysville!

Last weekend I headed home to K-Town.
Blair had to work, so me and my cute sister in law Breann hopped in the car and headed home to our parents houses! I was so happy to have Bre with me on the car ride up and back. We just chatted the whole way. She even managed to keep me calm while driving back to St. George in a blizzard!
Thank you Bre!
I made it up to Salt Lake just in time to watch Libby compete in the Miss Drill Utah competition. She was AMAZING. Not only is she an incredible dancer, but she has such a poise about her. Everyone in the audience was literally ohh-ing and aww-ing over her. She ended up as the 3rd attendant! It was incredible. She gets to go to nationals next month in LA! I was so excited and happy for my beautiful little sister.
On Friday Gavin got his wisdom teeth out. It was great to be home to help take care of him. He was such a crack up when he was coming out of surgery. We were laughing all weekend about some of the things he said. Needless to say, there were a lot of Slurpee runs and hanging out on the couch for Gav. But we still managed to have a lot of fun together! We spent the day listening to workers pounding on our house while fixing our roof, and getting ready for the baby shower.
Saturday me and my mom threw Courtney a little baby shower. I missed her big shower that the Fowler family threw for her, so we agreed that we needed to do another one so that I could get in on the fun! It's so much more fun to plan a party when you get to do it with your mom. We had such a great time getting everything ready! And I must say so myself... I think it turned out pretty dang cute.
Courtney is literally adorable. She has the perfect little belly. It looks like she is just hiding a small basketball under her shirt! It was great to celebrate with her, as well as to see some of my cousins that I haven't seen for way too long!
That night Lando and Court treated me and my mom to dinner. It was their way of thanking us for throwing them a shower. It was so thoughtful of them... I just love having such loving and kind siblings. 
After dinner me and my mom headed to do a a little shopping. Can I just say that I love my mom? We are so close. I am very grateful for our relationship. She is truly the greatest mom and friend I could ever ask for. It was a wonderful weekend at home. The next time we head home will be to meet our little nephew! 
WE CAN'T WAIT! 
Ohhhh boy....
I hope he comes soon!

3 comments:

  1. Love the party! So fun to go home and see the fam and love the new layout. Super fun. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shower was fabulous if I do say so myself and I loved seeing everyone!! Sure love you guys! Thanks for helping Bryn feel like she was one of the big girls. She was in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your turquoise necklace I have to know where it's from!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete