We had a very fun, and busy weekend a couple weeks back.
Shelby and Ryan came to town, we had Karly's baby shower, and it was Superbowl on Sunday. Needless to say, it was an amazing weekend. There is nothing like spending time with best friends!
It was great to have Karly back in town! Whenever she comes home I just get so excited. It's like having a little bit of our old Provo life right here in St. George. There is something about having her around that really cheers me up.
She arrived Thursday night. I went over late that night and we just chatted and caught up. I needed it so badly. It was nice to spend quality time with her! She is the cutest prego person. She just has a tiny little belly! I can't wait to meet sweet baby girl Barker. If she is anything like her mommy, which I know she will be, she is going to be wonderful in every way!
Shelby and Ryan got into town late Friday night.
When they got here we just plopped on the couch and talked the night away. There is never a shortage of things for me and Shelby to talk about... our poor husbands! We literally can sit and talk ALL day/night. Shelby is more than just a best friend to me. She is truly a sister. We are like two peas in a pod. I just love her so much! I pray everyday that they will somehow end up living close to us someday... Vegas maybe!? We will keep our fingers crossed. We were so glad to have the Skousen's staying with us for the weekend. Saturday morning we headed to the St. George temple. It was a perfect way to start our weekend! After the temple we went out to a yummy lunch, and then went on a nice bike ride! It was a fun way to show our friends our stomping grounds... and it was a beautiful day for a bike ride, that's for sure.
After our bike ride we headed home to get ready for Karly's baby shower. Me and Shelby for some reason thought the shower was at 4, and we were wrong! It was at 1! So after freaking out and basically running around with our heads cut off, we made it to Karly's shower. If cute Karly wouldn't have called to check on us, we would have TOTALLY missed it. How ridiculous are we?! We definitely got the worst friends ever award for that one. But we were so glad to make it to the shower, and to spend time with more of our great friends!
It was wonderful watching Karly open all of the darling gifts for her little girl. I think it finally hit me that my best friend is really going to be a mommy. How special, precious, and just perfect. She will be an incredible mom. I can't wait to see her in action here in a few short months.
Sunday was the Superbowl!
We watched the first half of the game at our house with Shelby and Ry, and enjoyed a few yummy treats. We watched the second half of the game at our next door neighbors with a bunch of the fun neighbor boys. They had quite the set up! It was a blast.
We were glad to spend so much time with our best friends. I wish they could have all stayed forever. It's always a little lonely when everyone heads their separate ways... but then I just start getting excited for the next time we can all get together again :)
Love you all.
Thanks for the fun filled weekend!








Ok this is the cutest thing ever! You are seriously SO SWEET! We love you guys so much and feel so lucky to have you as friends! Loving the new layout... it's seriously adorable! What a great weekend! Love you! xoxo
ReplyDelete