November 12, 2012

Snow Canyon Half Marathon.

4 weeks ago our neighbors the Terry's came over and suggested that we run the Snow Canyon Half Marathon with them...
and the rest is history! haha!
We did a crash course training program, being sure to get in a few long runs (6, 8, and 10 milers,) and the next thing I knew we were in the bus riding to the starting line in Diamond Valley.
The race was amazing.
It was absolutely gorgeous as we ran down Snow Canyon. 
I couldn't get over the amazing scenery.
The first 7 miles flew by... and before I knew it we were onto mile 8.
And then it got hard. Real hard. Miles 8-11 felt like I was running in slow motion!
Luckily I had Blair by my side to keep me going and running strong.
Blair, might I add, was incredible. He for sure experienced the "runners high" as he easily and quickly trotted along the entire race. He says that each mile got easier and easier. He is crazy!! 
Once we got through mile 11, my adrenaline kicked back in (that is, after I gagged out the cappuccino Gu that someone handed me--GROSS!!),  and we finished the race nice and strong. The last .1 of the race is on the Snow Canyon High School track and Blair grabbed my hand and we sprinted in together.
I would be lying if I said that I wasn't teary eyed as we crossed the finish line together. 
It was an awesome experience. 
I am so glad that we decided to run with our friends Dave and Gretchen. We all stayed together and we had the best time.
We also were happy to see all of the Parcell family!

Just for our records:
Our fastest mile was mile 4 which we ran in 7:21,
and our slowest mile was mile 8 which we ran in 9:32 (this was the UPHILL, killer.)
I clocked us coming in at 1:48, with our average pace of 8'24"/mile.
I need to look up our official time, which I am sure is about 1:50 or so. 
We are definitely proud to have accomplished this goal of running a half marathon!
I couldn't have dreamed of a better running partner.
Blair, 
you rocked it.
And you carried me the entire way.
I love you so much!
I know for a fact you could have left me in the dust, but you stayed with me, and pushed me to do my best.
Thanks for experiencing this with me!
You are my everything.
I love you to the moon and back.
A zillion, trillion times.
Love,
Me. 

2 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous race! I couldn't believe it when I did it. Congrats to you! A half marathon is no easy thing especially with limited training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest! I am so dang proud of you guys... you are rockstars! Love you!

    -- Shelb

    ReplyDelete