I wish I had more pictures, but over Christmas break I was able to spend quite a bit of time with two of my best friends. The best part about living in St. George is that it is "home" to these best friends of mine. This means that when the holidays roll around, there is a good chance I will get to spend quality time with these lovely ladies!
Karly lives in North Carolina.
So. Far. Away.
One afternoon, we were able to spend hours just chatting and catching up while "ohh-ing" and "ahh-ing" over Annie girl. I loved that time spent talking about everything and anything. That's the best part about best friends... the never ending flow of conversation. After Christmas when we got home from Kaysville, we were lucky to get James and Blair together before the Barker clan headed back to Charlotte.
I love when our husbands get together. They are like two peas in a pod. And of course, no hang out with Blair and James is complete without an intense game of ping pong, with a side of trash talk.
We sure love James, Karly, and Annie.
Even though they live far away, they are some of our most cherished friends. I look forward to mine and Karly's weekly texting sessions, and I LOVE social media for keeping us so well informed on each others lives.
I am especially grateful that St. George has it's strings on Karly's heart, and that her parents live here, so that I get to see her throughout the year!
We sure love you Barkers.
Thanks for making time for us this holiday season!
Anjuli lives in Wisconsin.
Also,
So. Far. Away.
But, luckily she had an awesome break from PA school, which put her here in STG for about a month. During this month, I had a partner in crime and I LOVED it.
We worked out together almost everyday.
We got swig. (everyday)
We watched all our favorite TV shows. (Bachelor, Revenge, etc.)
We talk for hours and hours.
Ran a million errands together.
Laughed our heads off in a gym class (when the song was on repeat and no one noticed but us!)
etc, etc.
It was the best month ever. Truly. When she left, I cried.
We are now on the countdown to May, when she will make her next visit to the town she calls "home." Until then, we will continue to text every. single. day. and to try to still be workout partners from across the country. Baby steps, right Anj? haha!
It was an awesome holiday season.
I love that St. George is "home" to so many people that I love.
In fact,
This tiny town has stolen my heart.
They say that home is where you heart is, right?
Well, my heart is with Blair.
And we were here.
In this town of St. George...
that we call
"home."





I don't know why but this totally made me tear up tonight! We just adore you two and cherish our friendship! So missing you and wishing we could be together for the Super Bowl!
ReplyDeleteI am the worst blog commenter these days because I always check blogs on my phone and can't comment. But this time I'm actually on the computer so I can comment! It's funny- I don't even live in St. George, but for some reason it feels like "home" to me when we're there... I could honestly see myself living there someday too. Glad you guys had such a fun season! We're coming down in a few weeks so hopefully we'll see you then!
ReplyDelete