I don't even know where to start with this post about our trip to NYC.
IT WAS AMAZING. (that should pretty much sum it up!)
This trip was planned around Libby's Tremaine dance convention, and I was lucky enough to be able to tag along.
Although getting to NYC felt like a long process...(I had to take the 4:00 am shuttle to Vegas. Yikes!!) ...once we were there I was in heaven!
There is just something about the City.
Basically, we did everything.
-Our hotel was literally above Grand Central Station.
Can you say convenient?! I loved it.
-One night we took the Roosevelt Island Tram across the river. I have never done that, and it was magical. It was fun to peek into all the tiny windows and imagine living life in New York City.
-We wandered downtown: World Trade Center, Wall Street, South Street Sea Port, and the Brooklyn Bridge.
-We walked the streets of our favorite neighborhoods: Greenwich Village, Soho, Washington Square, NYU, Union Square.
-We enjoyed spending time with our cousins and enjoyed real Italian food at Da Nico in Little Italy. I love my twinner/sister/friend/cousin Paige! It was awesome to catch up.
-We got dragged into an Asian women's apartment on Canal Street to find a purse, and truly wondered if we were going to make it out alive. Right mom!? We went up about 4 flights of stairs, into her tiny apartment, she locked the door behind us, turned off the lights, and then took us in the back room. It was sketchy, but amazing. haha!
-We spent time with my dear friends Kylee and Robyn. They were sweet enough to leave their husbands for a bit and come grab dinner. I loved it!
Kylee even joined us for a whole evening of fun. We wandered to our old stomping grounds at NBC.
Then we went to the Top of the Rock at night. That was a highlight of the trip! It was breath taking!
Then we went to the Top of the Rock at night. That was a highlight of the trip! It was breath taking!
-We saw two shows on Broadway: Once, and Phantom of the Opera. Once was very innovative and I fully enjoyed it! I was speechless after Phantom. Blown away is an understatement. It was unbelievable!
-We took the Staten Island Ferry across the river to get a close up look at Lady Liberty. The view of Manhattan from across the water was unreal.
-We double dared Libby and Julia to give there numbers to a harmless looking group of boys about their age... and they did it! haha! We were dying.
-We drank a few caramel steamers from Starbucks. It was FREEZING allllll weekend. But that didn't stop us from having the best time.
-We watched Libby dance. I stood in awe as I watched her every move. She is beautiful in every way. When she dances, she is honestly magical. I can't wait to see what becomes of her dance career!
-We stayed up every night WAY too late laughing our heads off!
-and....
yeah.
Pretty much it was the best girls trip ever.
Pretty much it was the best girls trip ever.
I am extremely blessed to have a mom and a sister that I love so much!
We literally have the best mom in the world, who sure knows how to have a good time!
We literally have the best mom in the world, who sure knows how to have a good time!
We all had the best time together.
Laughing, exploring, talking, dreaming.
Oh New York City...
you are magical.


















































I always tell Brenda that I want to be adopted into the Fowler family... or at least vacation with you all! You know how to have a good time! Xo
ReplyDeleteYour family does the most fun trips! Looks like you had a blast! And you and your mom and sister are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteIt was so great to see you!!! I loved it! Looks like you girls made the most of your trip! So glad you had the best time! Now, come back!
ReplyDelete