On September 14th Blair, Bre, and I ran the Big Cottonwood Canyon Half Marathon.
Bre and I found out about this race months ago, and thought it sounded like a great race to run. We tossed around the idea for quite a while and finally decided to sign up and start training. We did our week day runs separate, but we would meet up on Saturdays for our longer runs. We trained on Saturday's on the marathon course, which is so gorgeous. I loved training for this race with Bre. I really looked forward to our runs every Saturday. Bre is an incredibly strong runner, and she has definitely made me a better runner. I am so grateful for her! Blair had been training for the marathon, but he hurt his foot and had taken the whole month of August off. So this half was his first run after his injury. We were nervous as to how his foot would hold up.
The race was GORGEOUS. It started 9 miles up the canyon, and then ended at Cottonwood High School. There were some spots in the canyon that were very steep! It was hard on our legs, but great for our PR. Once we came out of the canyon, I was definitely tired and my legs felt shaky from pounding on the downhill. But we just kept plugging along! I am a huge believer of the power of positive thoughts, and it was definitely my positivity that kept me going strong. It was so fun running with Bre, we would chit chat the whole way! She is very strong and helped me probably more than she realizes. It honestly was a great race. Things went pretty much perfectly.
The funny thing about running is how right when you finish you are exhausted and thinking, "I'm never doing that again!" But then about 30 seconds later you are talking about how fun it was! Blair did great as well. His foot gave him a little trouble, but all in all he felt pretty good! It really was an amazing race. I am so proud of our times and the hard work that it took to achieve them. Bre and I are already talking about what race to run together next. Haha!
I would do this race again someday, for sure!














No comments:
Post a Comment