It was conference weekend when we found out the best news ever! I was a few days late, and on Monday morning, April 7th, I took a test while Blair was at Crossfit and sure enough.....
I just sat in my bed and cried! Tears of happiness of course. I couldn't believe that it was real! We had been trying for a few months and I just didn't not expect it to happen for a few more. Relief flowed though my heart and mind, and I just truly was feeling so blessed and excited. Oh yeah, and shocked! I hurried and put the pregnancy test into a gift bag so that I could surprise Blair when he got home from the gym.
When he opened it, he just kept saying.. "Really?!" and "Are you serious!?" Then we just hugged, kissed, and cried. It was truly the most special moment. I will cherish the memory of that moment forever. We were going to be parents!!
We wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible. Slowly, but surely we started letting a few people know... Our families, our best friends, etc. I LOVE seeing the shock and surprise on peoples faces. It is truly the best!
For Mother's Day we told our moms/families..
At 8 weeks, on May 8th, we had our first appointment with Dr. Thompson. It was so amazing! We were able to see the baby and hear the fast little heartbeat. Of course we couldn't keep the tears from coming! What a special moment to see our little baby alive and growing in there.I don't want to be annoying and post a million pictures of my baby bump, but at the same time this is my blog and I use it for documenting our lives.. So, I will post as I please!
Even though I don't have much of a bump at all in the early pictures, here are my pictures so far:
7 weeks:
So far I have been very lucky with the whole morning sickness thing. I would say that the majority of the time I feel great! I rarely feel sick. I just can't let myself get hungry. When I get hungry I get nauseous, so I just keep snacks on hand. I have been able to continue working out 5-6 days a week, which has been so nice. I have cut back on the "hot" classes, because my doctor said he didn't feel very comfortable with them until I was done with my first trimester. I have still done a few hot pilates and yoga classes, but not as many as I was doing before. All in all, I feel amazing. I don't have any food aversions, or things that set me off. I do feel very tired, and get frequent headaches. But all of it is SO worth it.
***
On June 6th we had our 12 week appointment. I couldn't believe my eyes! The baby had grown SO much. It actually looked like a baby!!! It kept stretching it's legs, arching it's back, and sucking on it's hands. It was the cutest thing ever. Dr. Thompson said that everything looked great!
We were on cloud nine all day. Scratch that-- all weekend! I haven't been able to get the perma-smile off my face. That appointment made everything feel so much more real. While we were at our appointment, Sam (the medical assistant) came into the room and asked if we wanted to find out the gender in 2 weeks... Which was MUCH earlier than we expected. The doctors at the office were needing to do a training on how to be better at predicting and telling their patients their babies gender. They need a girl who will be 14 weeks pregnant, and sure enough it will be me!! We are SO excited to get to find out earlier than we expected.
13 weeks:
I can't believe we are going to have a sweet baby join our family! Every night in my prayers I thank my Heavenly Father for the chance to be a mom. I will never take this blessing for granted.














No comments:
Post a Comment