November 2, 2014

MY MOM IS THE BEST.

She really is. They truly don't come better! This weekend she came down to come to my baby shower here in St. George. I loved having her here!!! There is just something about having her around that makes me feel at ease. I told Blair today that she is my ultimate "comfort zone." When she is around, all is good in my world! She has that affect on me and I love her for it. I can be 100% myself, we love doing all of the same things, we laugh, we talk endlessly, etc. She is my person. She spoiled me rotten at my shower... So many tiny outfits, shoes, a Mr. Frog, etc. That night we stayed up WAY too late organizing and sorting out all of baby boy's presents. Again, what would I do without her?! 
The next morning we woke up and went on a nice long walk/hike and enjoyed the gorgeous morning. We snapped a couple pictures of my bump, and talked about how excited we are to meet him in just 6 short weeks. 
After that my mom, in her true spoiling fashion, set out with a plan to buy our baby boy his crib! Talk about the best present ever. We went a few places in town, and ended up finding the perfect crib at Target. We were SO anxious and excited to get home and get it set up.   ***(Not only did she buy the crib, we left with bags full of things to make my recovery as smooth as possible. I love how she is not only thinking about taking care of baby boy, but is thinking of me and wanting me to have a nice recovery).  

We headed home, grabbed diet cokes, cranked up the tunes, and got to work!! We built a little bookshelf, and did some baby laundry. Then when Blair got home from work he helped us set up the crib. When it was finally set up, it was a very surreal moment for us all! There is a baby boy coming to our family! SOON! Having his crib and bedroom set up made everything feel more real. I can't even think about it without smiling! 
We have a few finishing touches that need to take place in the nursery, and then I will post more pictures! It has been so fun getting this space ready for our sweet little guy. 

What a great and productive weekend! We couldn't have done it without my mom. She is super woman! I can't wait for her to meet our son and for him to have her as his "Mimi." 💙 

No comments:

Post a Comment