January 31, 2017

marathon training

run run run run run.
I can honestly say that training for the marathon was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. It strengthened me physically, mentally, and emotionally. To say I loved it would be an understatement. Yes, the training runs were sometimes long and hard, but it was so worth it. I was very lucky to have the most wonderful and dedicated training partner and best friend by my side. I will always look back on summer 2016 as one of the best times in my life. 












This is our training plan that we made up... we complied it from a few different plans that we had researched. We just wanted it to be simple and easy. We only wanted to be doing 3 runs a week because we still wanted to be able to go to our gym classes everyday, and we didn't want to get burned out or injured. Maybe this will be helpful for some of you! I know I will use this same plan when I do another marathon here in the next few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment