March 22, 2011

Empire State of Mind.

Last week I went to New York City with some of my family for Libby's dance nationals.
It was so much fun!
It was crazy how everything came back to me as if I had just left yesterday!
I knew how to get everywhere on the subways,
I remembered all of the great places to eat,
and all of the cool places to visit.
I was so in my element! 
I love this city more than words can even explain.
There is just something magical about it.
It was fun to be the tour guide for all of the cute D'ettes and their moms! 
One of the things I love most about NYC is that even though I lived there for a semester, there are still things that surprise me--
 like amazing restaurants, super cool neighborhoods, etc.
It was a wonderful vacation.
I was grateful to spend some quality time with my family.
We always have such a great time!
I told my mom on the phone today that I am having post vacation depression.
She just laughed at me. 
But I know she is secretly feeling the same way!
Haha!
That is one thing about us Fowlers... we love to go on vacations!
I am already counting down to our next trip back to NY. 
We are going to upstate in July to visit my dad's hometown and see all of my cousins!

Here are some pictures of our adventures...











We:
-walked on Wall Street
-took pictures with the famous bull
-learned what a ticker tape parade is
-visited Trinity Church
-hung out at Grand Central Station
-picked Kellen up at Penn Station
-ate real Italian food at Da Nico
-loved Little Italy
-hung out in Times Square
-ate delicious street cooked almonds in Battery Park
-went to Liberty Island
-went to Ellis Island
-found my great Grandpa's name on the records at Ellis Island when he came to America from Wales. Very cool!
-rode over the Verrazano bridge in a bus
-visited the Chelsea Market
-walked on the High Line and watched the sunset
-visited the 9-11 Memorial Museum at the World Trade Center
-stayed at the Marriott Downtown
-went to Rockefeller Plaza, where I missed my internship at Dateline very badly
-rode to the top of the Rock and had the best view of NYC
-got my dad completely addicted to the NYC subway app on his iPhone
-loved every second of our lunch at Sarabeth's by Central Park
-watched BYU play while eating at a sports bar in the Hell's Kitchen area
-walked 5th Avenue
-went to Mary Poppins on Broadway
-saw Gary, the lead singer of Rascal Flatts
-ate way too much cheesecake at the Roxy Deli
-bargained on Canal Street
-explored China Town
-shopped at H&M
-enjoyed the amazing food at John's Pizzeria
-watched the D'ettes perform in Staten Island (they were amazing!)
-marveled at how beautiful of a dancer Libby is
-walked around Greenwich Village
-saw Washington Square
-devoured Crumb cupcakes
-and LOVED every second of it!

As you can see, we kept ourselves very busy.
It was an incredible vacation.
We watched this music video when we got home and it made us all want to go back.
NYC will always have a special place in my heart.
Can't wait to visit again. 
Hopefully sooner rather than later!

4 comments:

  1. you are the cutest blogger! love this post... one day I will have to learn how to make collages... loved this trip- so glad I got to know you better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun trip! It is getting me excited to go... just come with! love you!

    --Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like SO much fun! I want to go to NYC so bad...I guess you need to come with me and be my guide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How in the world did you fit all that in? Sounds fabulous! My only suggestion would be to try the horseshoe pastry at Roxy's next time. That's my NYC treat tradition!

    ReplyDelete