April 20, 2011

the end of a great thing.

Well,
We have officially had our last days at BYU.
We are done with finals!
It is just nuts how time has flown by.
It feels like yesterday that I walked into my new dorm room and met the darling Shelby Mosley..
and through the rest of our building... Lindsay Parcell, Cate Todd, Lindsay Ham, Dani Bree Pugmire, Jenae Lindsey, Lauren Ricks, etc.
I can't believe it has been 4 years since then,
and my small group of freshman friends has grown into a gigantic web of lifelong relationships.

We have spent our last few days here spending time with our friends, and doing fun Provo things.
We have been staying up way too late,
and having way too much fun!
I ate my first J-Dawg last week.
Both Karly and I had never had one...
and our husbands said that we weren't true Cougars until we had eaten a Dawg.
So we did...
and I really liked loved it!
I ate the entire thing.
(and I generally hate hot dogs)
We ate our dawgs at the Duck Pond on the south side of campus...
it was just your typical BYU student kind of a thing to do.
The boys tossed a Frisbee while we relaxed and talked.
It is so gorgeous up there now that they have fixed it all up!
We could have wandered the new trail for hours.
Saturday night I got together with my high school girlfriends and we went out to dinner in Salt Lake.
We had so much fun talking until all hours of the night.
(literally i think I got home to Provo at about 2:30 am)
I love that no matter how much we all grow up and change,
we are always best friends when we get back together.
On Sunday we had a BBQ...
it was such a success.
Everyone brought a little something and it turned into a big event!
It was great to spend time with everyone before we all head our separate ways.

It is crazy that we will be walking at our college graduation tomorrow and Friday.
We bought our caps and gowns today...
that definitely made things feel more real.
After this weekend we will officially be BYU-Alumni.
haha!
Crazy, Crazy....

Ps.
I am really going to miss these girls...
 and everyone else at my work.
It has been the greatest place to work!
I'll miss it.
That's for sure.

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW! This is making me miss dormsville. These truly have been the best four years of our lives. I'm seriously so happy I met you. We are the originals. Forever + Ever. LOVE YOU!

    --Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah Blah Blah....So sad....k now get your butts down here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I was sorta kidding on that last comment but just sorta! We are so happy for you guys and we hope you have the best time at graduation. Oh and I cannot believe you hadn't had J dawgs!! Yum, its my favorite and it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete